Search This Blog

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Life in Berea, Ohio

I have lived in Berea since 1994.  I first bought my HUD fixer-upper thinking I would spend a couple years here, fix it up and re-sell it.  After all, I was a Lake Erie girl, not a valley girl.  Sure, we loved the MetroParks.  My kids loved to hike and climb and play there, but it was a place to which we went, not where we lived.

Attribution: Chris Light at en.wikipedia
In Lakewood, we lived within walking distance of the lake and had front row seats to all the great storms that rolled in from the north.  We swam whenever we felt like it.  We had great tans and pretty cool sea glass collections.  As a kid, I grew up with boats and didn't think I ever wanted to live where I couldn't get to the lake in a matter of minutes.

What I didn't realize is that the charm of Berea hooks you.  The first thing I learned when I began meeting my neighbors was that they had all either lived in Berea all their lives or they had grown up here, moved away, and then came back.  Apparently, once a person spends any amount of time here, Berea will imprint on your soul.  I suppose you could leave it, but it will call you back.

Another thing I realized, 20 minutes drive to Lake Erie is not that far and it is especially nice if you take the parkway all the way there.

So I thought, every now and then, I would share something of life in Berea on my real estate blog, to perhaps lure those who have not already been cast in its spell.

Caution: This blog may cause a sudden change in geographic location.  Should symptoms occur, do not discontinue use of this blog, as sudden withdrawal can cause permanent and irreversible damage.  Residents of other neighborhoods should promptly contact their Realtor if they are experiencing any of the following symptoms during or immediately after reading this blog: wanderlust, extreme desire to re-locate, uncontrollable urge to drive to Wallace Lake, the unexplained need to feel sandstone, cravings for the fresh smell of park breezes, or what can otherwise only be described as "the itch."

 For detailed information about Berea, OH visit City-Data: http://www.city-data.com/city/Berea-Ohio.html

No comments:

Post a Comment