Search This Blog

Friday, March 15, 2013

The "Self Walk"

Me: It's raining.  Forget chaining the dogs to pee this morning.  They aren't going to want to stay out there.  I'll  just open the door, let them run out back and do their thing; they will be back on the deck wanting in by the time I put on the coffee.

Penny:  It's warm!  It's Spring!  I am not chained to the deck!  Quick, Chloe, where's the warden?  Do you see her?

Chloe:  Checking... nope!  No sight of her.

Penny:  Come on, Red, we're blowing this joint!

Fade in:  Two red dogs running down the street, muscles rippling, hair flowing, big goofy grins on their face, soundtrack to Born Free playing in stereo in their heads.

Cut to:  Stupid look on my face as I approach French doors to find no dogs waiting for me.

And that, my friends, is how the "self walk" happens at our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment